Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
Home arrow Minutes arrow SISWG Minutes 2008-05-14 Op Procs
SISWG Minutes 2008-05-14 Op Procs PDF Print E-mail
Written by Matt Ball   
Wednesday, 14 May 2008
The special teleconference meeting of the Security in Storage Working Group (SISWG) was held on May 14, 2008.  Eric Hibbard presided and Matt Ball took minutes.

Attendees:
Matt Ball, MV Ball Tech
Bob Griffin, RSA Security
Thomas Hardjono, Wave Systems
Jon Hass, Dell
Eric Hibbard, Hitachi Data Systems
Walt Hubis, LSI Logic
Bob Lockhart, nCipher
Michael Marcil, Vormetric
Luther Martin, Voltage Security
Bob Nixon, Emulex
Landon Noll, Cisco

Agenda:
  • Patent slide set
  • Discuss the proposed changes to the SISWG Operating Procedures

The chair provided a link to the patent slideset and made a call for patents.  No patents were brought forward.

Discussion:

Jack Cole had mentioned a couple things:
  • Unless we want to spend all our time in elections, we should use appointment where possible
  • We need to have accountability -- push down the requirement to show the patent slideset into the task group (and subcommittees)

Michael said he wanted elections for task group chairs, instead of having one appointed

Jack asked that we should the IEEE patent slide set in the subcommittee meetings. 

Bob Nixon pointed out with the current voting rules, and absention counts effectively as a 'NO'.

Action Items:
- Bob Nixon to send Eric preferred text for vote tabulation
- Eric to clean up document and send to Matt after receiving Bob Nixon's comments
- Matt to start a 30-day letter ballot with these operating procedures, based on the voting membership of P1619

Last Updated ( Wednesday, 14 May 2008 )
 
< Prev   Next >
© 2017 IEEE Security in Storage Working Group
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.