Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
Home arrow Minutes arrow SISWG Working Group Meeting Minutes 2010-01-13
SISWG Working Group Meeting Minutes 2010-01-13 PDF Print E-mail
Written by Walt Hubis   
Thursday, 14 January 2010
  1. Introductions and attendance
  2. IEEE Patent Slide Set and Call for Patents
  3. Approval of the agenda
    1. Approved Unanimously
  4. Approval of previous minutes
    1. Approved Unanimously
  5. Review of Previous Action Items
    1. (Bob Lockhart & Scott Kipp & Landon C Noll) (9/10/2008): request under RFC 4395 a provisional URI scheme for the km so_family.  Status 11/05/2008: In process. Pretty much we need to cut-and-paste a XML-based request and submit it to the IETF.  Update 11/19/2008: Bob Lockhart has produced a draft, but still needs to fill in some details. Check into the copyright situation with the URI Scheme submission  (Thales' lawyers are looking at it) Update 4/29/08: Bob L will be proposing this with both a copyright release and Letter of Assurance. Update 9/23/09: Still in process.
      1. As of November, it is back. Still in progress.
    2. The following items will now be grouped together as we migrate to the KMIP specification. There will also be policy issues that will require an extension to the KMIP specification.
      1. (Lockhart) Create proposal that migrates the existing P1619.3 standard back to the NIST key state model
        1. Current draft should be modified to remove this from the standard, since this is based on the KMIP state model, which is the same as NIST. 
      2. (Lockhart) Create second proposal for the addition of the Purged state to the standard NIST key state model
        1. Lower priority; get the KMIP alignment complete, then add this proposal.
      3. (Lockhart) Create a proposal for the addition of the 'Disabled' state to the standard NIST key state model
        1. Same as above, complete KMIP alignment.
    3. Base Objects (Bob Lockhart) -- in progress
      1. High Priority. Still required. Still in progress. Target for face to face in two weeks.
    4. Managed Objects (Walt Hubis) -- in progress
      1. High Priority. Still required. Still in Progress. Target for face to face in two weeks.
    5. Client and Server Operations (James Fitzgerald) -- Discussed during today's meeting
      1. High Priority. No update. Try to target for face to face in two weeks.
    6. Discovery and Enrollment (Matt Ball) -- in progress
      1. High Priority. Still required. Still in progress. Target for face to face in two weeks.
    7. Obsolete content also needs to be removed from the documents (Lockhart) -- not started.
      1. Pending completion of above four action items.
    8. (James) Ask the group about the WS-Security and whether the group would generally support including it in the P1619.3 standard
      1. Issues remain around TLS authentication. Defer to a follow up with James.
    9. (Ball) Review of PAR for 1619.3: Update P1619.3 web page to include current/existing direction. Matt Ball will circulate on the reflector for review at the next meeting 
      1. Still open. Propose discussion at this meeting.
    10. (Lockhart) Investigate changing the style of the P1619.3 draft to more closely match that of the OASIS KMIP profiles.
      1. Maintain required IEEE styles, but alignment of sections is appropriate and useful. Clause numbers won’t match, but the content organization should be similar.
    11. (James) Write up proposals 2,3,3 and 4 as full proposals with text against the standard.
      1. Still open. No update.
    12. (James FitzGerald) - Post a cleaned-up version of the document we reviewed today and send to e-mail list.
      1. Still open. No Update.
  6. Old Business
    1. Face to Face meeting: Update on attendance. 9 People are attending so far.
    2. 1619.3 PAR: PAR is actually OK. Need some information about what 1619.3 adds beyond KMIP. Need some collateral information (website) to explain this. Matt Ball will develop proposed wording for discussion at the face to face.
    3. P1619.2: SISWG responsibility is complete; it is now up to the sponsor.  Next discussion will be the first part of the next meeting.
    4. P1619 is now active, and seeking changes to that specification. Add some discussion at face to face meeting.
  7. New Business
  8. Next Meeting
    1. Face to Face meeting, January 25, 2010
  9. Critical Action Items
    1. Base Objects (Bob Lockhart
    2. Managed Objects (Walt Hubis)
    3. Client and Server Operations (James Fitzgerald)
    4. Discovery and Enrollment (Matt Ball)
  10. Adjourn
Last Updated ( Friday, 17 June 2011 )
 
< Prev   Next >
© 2017 IEEE Security in Storage Working Group
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.